The Project Manager is responsible for two primary areas.
i) Effective management of projects through the development of key control documents, start-up period, implementation, and study closeout.
ii) The PM will, over time, become responsible for day-to-day relationship management with key clients to which project they are assigned.
General duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
I. Study Start-Up and Oversight
• Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support project requirements and business goals in collaboration with Executive Management, Operations, and internal study team
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
• Draft key project study documents including the Training Plan, Communication/Escalation Plan, Scale Management Plan, and all other relevant documents
• Ensure all rater databases and trackers are coordinated across studies and updated consistently
• Provide tracking of issues and their resolution on individual protocols, with assistance of the PM for that study
• Ensure production of all training materials, translations, patient binders, scale licensing, and budgets occurs in a timely manner
• Mange the closing down and archiving of systems
II. Sponsor Relationship Management
• Effectively communicate project expectations to central study team members and sponsor/CRO/third party vendors in a timely and clear fashion
• Implement and maintain the study project plan on projects assigned
• Maintain regular liaison with the client (sponsor/CRO)
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree with at least 1.5 years’ experience in project management, academic research, research in clinical settings, or in the pharmaceutical services industry or in a related industry
• Master of Arts, or Science degree with at least 1 year of experience in project management, academic research, research in clinical settings, or in the pharmaceutical services industry or in a related industry
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of database operations
• Excellent technical oral and written communication skills, and presentation skills
• Fluency in English required
• Proven leadership skills, well organized, assertive and self-confident
• Strong analytical skills, negotiation, and contractual awareness
• Ability to work with clients (Sponsor or CRO)and understand needs and drive project strategy to meet these needs
• Ability to think in both strategic and tactical terms
• Strong interpersonal skills with customer, peers, team members
• Ability to work across organizational boundaries and to work in cross-functional teams
The Project Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Clinical Operations
To apply for this position, please send a current resume and coverletter to firstname.lastname@example.org.